RLSS National Water Safety Course Details
- Equip anyone working on, in or near water with essential knowledge and skills to make informed decisions about managing safety.
- Enable group leaders to deliver safer activity at open water sites.
- Develop personal safety skills for lone workers operating around water.
- Develop effective emergency response skills for those working in a water based environment.
- Facilitate compliance with statutory and civil obligations, especially the Health and Safety at Work Act (1974) with related regulations and covering Safe Systems of Work.
- Level 1 Water Safety Awareness module
- Level 2 Environmental-Specific module (River, Beach, Still Water)
- Level 2 Life Support
- Level 3 In-Water Rescue
- Learners must be able to swim 100 metres in open water (not a swimming pool)
- No formal qualifications or experience is necessary but learners will need to have a good basic level of literacy
- Learners will be required to complete a mandatory test on reading material sent out prior to day one of the course
Candidates will need
- A wetsuit or drysuit as required, as well as wetsuit boots (these can be loaned from us but we will need some notice as sizes may be limited)
- A hearty lunch on both days (we have microwave facilities)
The National Water Safety Management Programme course costs £250 per candidate and includes both days of training as well as the full NWSMP qualification Levels 1-3 and hire of wetsuit and wetsuit boots where needed.
If you would like more information or have any queries please contact Releasing Potential Head Office on 023 92479 762, or Wayne Peters, via Wayne@releasingpotential.com.
Releasing Potential Outdoor Education
Unit 7 Kingscroft Court
Charity No: 1097440
Company No: 4622100
Linkenholt Company No: 9984771
023 9247 9762