Jobs at Releasing Potential
We are always looking for talented people to join our team of instructors, mentors, teachers and administrators.
At Releasing Potential, our staff work hard to make the lives of young people better, whether in our School or as part of the range of professional training and services we offer. If you feel you have the skills and experience to make a difference in the lives of young people and their families, get in touch. Our current vacancies are listed below, but we are always pleased to hear from anyone with an interest in education jobs at Releasing Potential.
Want to know more about working for Releasing Potential? Read about a day in the life of an RP Mentor here.
Functional Skills Subject Tutor - Havant and/or Chichester
Salary range: £22,467.00 to £26,192.00
Have you successfully supported or taught children and young people? Would you appreciate a change from working in mainstream settings?
Releasing Potential’s independent special school, for children with Emotional and Behavioural Difficulties, was established in 2017 and was rated ‘Good’ in all areas at its first full inspection in 2018.
We are looking for exceptional individuals to help vulnerable students progress in education. In return, we offer an outstanding package of training, pay and holidays, the opportunity to join a dynamic and committed team, and the prospect of positively impacting the life chances of marginalised young people.
Our provision consists of two elements: the Engage project provides a mixed full time education provision for secondary aged pupils with Education Health and Care Plans in place, who are in need of small scale provision. Engage has been running successfully in Havant since 2011, and in Chichester since 2014. We also run a Mentoring programme for pupils who struggle to cope, even in a small group.
We are looking for an energetic individual with a background in teaching functional skills. The successful candidate will have the ability to deliver English & Maths Functional Skills to Engage groups and/or to deliver English & Maths Functional Skills sessions on a one to one basis; they will have appropriate qualifications in English & Maths and experience of teaching in secondary or further education.
The successful candidate will be working under the supervision of an experienced Team Leader and will be responsible for ensuring Functional Skills is delivered in line with existing schemes of work as well as developing new resources and curricula.
Many of the young people display some challenging behaviour, so patience and a sense of humour are essential requirements, as is the ability to work flexibly in a fast moving professional environment.
- The salary range for Functional Skills Subject Tutor is £22,467 – £26,192 a year FTE.
- Annual leave allowance is 32 days plus 8 bank holidays FTE.
- A full package of free training is available, including Level 3 in the Management of Challenging Behaviour*, First Aid*, Safeguarding*, Level 5 Diploma in Education & Training, MiDAS (minbus driver training)* and a range of National Governing Body qualifications.
* Denotes compulsory training
In both Engage and Mentoring, the person we are looking for will be able to demonstrate the following qualities:
- Ability to deliver a Functional Skills curriculum up to Level 2
- An appropriate qualification in Functional Skills and/or English and Maths
- Compassion for young people who face barriers to inclusion
- Ability to stay calm in confrontational situations
- Confidence to work with groups of young people and one to one
- Enthusiasm, energy and a good sense of fun
- A full driving licence is essential
- A PGCE or other teaching qualification (including NQT status) is desirable.
Job Type: Full or part time (term time only will be considered)
Closing date: 29th May 2020
Salary: £22,467.00 to £26,192.00 /year
For more information on Releasing Potential check out our website: www.releasingpotential.com
Unit 7 Kingscroft Court
Charity No: 1097440
Company No: 04622100
023 9247 9762
© Releasing Potential 2017