We offer fully accredited training and resources for those teaching within SEN and Alternative Provision, or teachers from mainstream schools who wish to broaden their skills.
Conferences & Events
Our annual conference brings together academics and professionals from a wide range of fields, to debate and share best practice on the subject of working with young people. Focusing on our four core areas of specialism, the Releasing Potential conference engages those working with young people at local and national levels, and provides training and professional development opportunities to delegates.
- Conference 2019 – Buy tickets here.
Resource Hub brings professionals together for free training and networking in a supportive, collegiate environment. We provide a 1-hour taster session on topics relevant to those working with young people, delivered by experts in their respective fields.
A new topic is discussed at every event; we aim to keep our content current and relevant to current affairs. At previous Resource Hub events we have discussed: ‘Accessibility and Inclusivity’, ‘The Management of Challenging Behaviour’ and ‘Mental Health First Aid’.
See below for our current Resource Hub events:
We offer Outdoor Education training to enhance skills to those teaching OE within their school curriculum. Our courses in The Management of Challenging Behaviour have been accredited by the Institute for Outdoor Learning and Northern College of Further Education (NCFE).
We also deliver professional training nationwide at universities with Outdoor Leadership degree programmes. We can offer:
- 2 hour seminar/workshop sessions on the challenges of working with youth at risk in the outdoors
- Full day workshop sessions of the challenges of working with youth at risk in the outdoors
- Guest lecturing on our outdoor learning research data in collaboration with Huis Technologies.
Releasing Potential also offers a range of outdoor qualifications suitable for professionals working with young people in the outdoors via our Outdoor Education Centre of Excellence and Sailing Academy including:
- Forest School Practitioner Level 2 (NOCN)
- RYA Powerboat Level 1 & RYA Powerboat Level 2
- RYA VHR course (online)
- RLSS National Water Safety Management Programme (Levels 1-3)
- Youth Coastal Rowing Scheme (YCRS) coaching qualifications.
Special Educational Needs
The Releasing Potential Institute is a registered centre delivering the NCFE Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training. We deliver this qualification via a bespoke route that focuses on Special Educational Needs, and, in particular, on behaviour management.
We offer the following modules as a route to the Level 5 qualification: Core Modules:
- 01: Teaching, learning and assessment in education & training (20 credits)
- 02: Developing, teaching, learning and assessment in education & training (20 credits)
- 03: Theories, principles, and models in education & training (20 credits)
- 04: Wider professional practice and development in education & training (15 credits)
- 05: Action learning to support development of subject specific pedagogy (15 credits)
- 23: Specialist delivery techniques and activities (09 credits)
- 24: Teaching in a specialist subject area (15 credits)
- 39: Managing behaviours in a learning environment (6 credits)
12-Hour SEND Mediation Training Course (CPD)
Releasing Potential Institute, alongside Releasing Potential Mediation, now offers a 12-hour CPD course for Mediators working on SEND mediation cases in the UK.
Part of the new Professional Standards for SEND Mediators (DfE, 2018) the course has been accredited by the College of Mediators. For more information please see our course pages.
Releasing Potential Institute
Unit 7 Kingscroft Court
Charity No: 1097440
Company No: 4622100
023 9247 9762
© Releasing Potential 2017