We offer fully accredited training in all four of our key areas of specialism
We offer a range of courses to help professionals working with children and young people. Whether you work in Alternative Provision or with students in mainstream settings who have Special Educational Needs, our courses offer something for all levels of ability and experience.
We offer accredited training and qualification to those working professionally with children and young people in the following:
- Level 5 NCFE Diploma in Education & Training (via 45 optional credits of SEND pathway)
- Level 4 NCFE in The Management of Challenging Behaviour in Sexually Exploited Children and Young People
- Level 3 NCFE in The Management of Challenging Behaviour
- Level 2 NCFE (online) in The Management of Challenging Behaviour
- Level 2 Online CPD in The Management of Challenging Behaviour.
Our courses in Behaviour Management are specific to Special Educational Needs, Youth Work and Alternative Provision contexts.
- 10 hours of online CPD in The Management of Challenging Behaviour
- NCFE Level 2 in The Management of Challenging Behaviour (online course)
- NCFE Level 3 in The Management of Challenging Behaviour (taught course)
- NCFE Level 4 in The Management of Challenging Behaviour in Sexually Exploited Young People
- INSET half day (Level 3 CPD in The Management of Challenging Behaviour (delivered at your location)
- INSET full day (Level 3 CPD in The Management of Challenging Behaviour (delivered at your location).
- 2 hour seminar/workshop sessions on the challenges of working with youth at risk in the outdoors
- Full day workshop sessions of the challenges of working with youth at risk in the outdoors
- Guest lecturing on our outdoor learning research data in collaboration with Huis Technologies.
Releasing Potential also offers a range of outdoor qualifications suitable for professionals working with young people in the outdoors via our Outdoor Education Centre of Excellence and Sailing Academy including:
- Forest School Practitioner Level 2 (NOCN)
- RYA Powerboat Level 1 & RYA Powerboat Level 2
- RYA VHR course (online)
- RLSS National Water Safety Management Programme (Levels 1-3)
- Youth Coastal Rowing Scheme (YCRS) coaching qualifications.
Special Educational Needs
- 01: Teaching, learning and assessment in education & training (20 credits)
- 02: Developing, teaching, learning and assessment in education & training (20 credits)
- 03: Theories, principles, and models in education & training (20 credits)
- 04: Wider professional practice and development in education & training (15 credits)
- 05: Action learning to support development of subject specific pedagogy (15 credits)
- 23: Specialist delivery techniques and activities (09 credits)
- 24: Teaching in a specialist subject area (15 credits)
- 39: Managing behaviours in a learning environment (6 credits)
12-Hour SEND Mediation Training Course (CPD) Releasing Potential Institute, alongside Releasing Potential Mediation, now offers a 12-hour CPD course for Mediators working on SEND mediation cases in the UK. Part of the new Professional Standards for SEND Mediators (DfE, 2018) the course has been accredited by the College of Mediators. For more information please see our course pages.
Releasing Potential Institute
Unit 7 Kingscroft Court
Charity No: 1097440
Company No: 4622100
023 9247 9762
© Releasing Potential 2017