Our General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Policy
At Releasing Potential, maintaining the security of your data is a priority. As an organisation, we are committed to respecting your rights to privacy. We pledge to handle your data fairly and legally at all times. We are dedicated to being transparent about what data we collect about you and how we use it.
This policy, which applies across all six areas of our organisation, covers:
- How we use your data
- What personal data we collect
- How we ensure your privacy is maintained
- Your legal rights relating to your personal data.
1. How we use your data
Releasing Potential uses your personal data for electronic marketing purposes (with your consent) and may send you postal mail to update you on events, courses, and general information about the activities undertaken by the organisation.
We aim to update you about products and services which are of interest and relevance to you as an individual. To this end, you will be contacted about products and services relating to the area of our organisation in which you have shown an interest:
- Releasing Potential School
- Releasing Potential Institute
- Releasing Potential Enterprises
- Releasing Potential Forest School
- Releasing Potential Mediation
- Releasing Potential Outdoor Education
When you register for one of our newsletters, book an online course, attend one of our events or pay for a place at Forest School online, you’ll be given the option to opt into receiving information from other parts of the organisation listed above. If you do not want to hear from us beyond your initial area of interest, please do not opt in and we will not contact you.
You have the right to opt out of receiving promotional communications at any time by:
- Making use of the “unsubscribe” option in promotional emails from Releasing Potential, which can be found at the bottom of every promotional communication from us.
- Contact us directly to request that we cease any contact by email or by post.
Sharing with third parties
Releasing Potential does not, except where legally required, share your personal data with third parties. We will never rent or sell your data to any other organisation for marketing purposes.
Where personal information is collected about you or your child as part of your association with Releasing Potential School, information will only be shared with your permission or for the purposes of child protection in line with our school Safeguarding Policy.
We may share your data with governmental bodies, regulators, law enforcement agencies, courts/tribunals and insurers when required to do so:
- To comply with our legal obligations
- For the prevention, detection, investigation of a crime or prosecution of offenders
- For the protection of our employees, service users and customers.
2. What personal data we collect
We collect different data across all six operating areas of Releasing Potential:
- Releasing Potential School holds data on students, staff and parents for the purposes of monitoring students’ progress and to comply with our statutory obligations as a school.
- Releasing Potential Institute holds data on research participants for which written consent has been obtained, as well as email contact information for the purposes of digital marketing.
- Releasing Potential Enterprises holds data on customers for the purposes of digital marketing.
- Releasing Potential Forest School holds data (including medical consent) on children and parents using our services, as well as for digital marketing purposes.
- Releasing Potential Mediation holds data (with consent) on clients who self-refer to the service. This information is stored for 7 years and destroyed. We do not retain client information for the purposes of digital marketing.
- Releasing Potential Outdoor Education holds data (including medical consent) on children and adults taking part in outdoor activities or courses, as well as for digital marketing purposes.
Types of information collected:
- Information you give to us. You may give us information about yourself by filling in forms on any of our websites, by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail, through website contact forms or otherwise as part of booking to receive any services through any of our websites. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, date of birth and encrypted credit card information. In some cases this may include medical information.
- Information we collect about you. We may collect the following information: details about the service you requested (for example, appointment dates and times), the amount charged, information about your visit to our websites, such as the pages you visited and the blogs, advertisements and links you clicked on.
3. How we ensure your privacy is maintained
- Your information is stored digitally on password-protected systems on secure servers. Where paper records exist, they will be shredded as soon as they are no longer operationally necessary.
- Your information is kept, with your consent, for a maximum of 7 years, unless it is required to be kept for a longer period by regulating bodies.
- We will never share your details with third parties excpet where legally required.
- We will only share your information within Releasing Potential with your consent.
- Where consent to store and/or share within Releasing Potential is not given, or is withdrawn, we will remove you from all mailing lists digital or otherwise.
- We will not retain your data any longer than is necessary for the purposes set out in this policy. Different retention periods apply for different types of data, however the longest we will normally hold personal data is for 7 years.
- In the case of email marketing communications, we will contact you annually to check your preferences and ask you to update them.
4. Your legal rights relating to your personal data
Information on your rights, including new changes to the law regarding GDPR can be found here.
5. Who to contact
Our Data Controller is Alex Gray. If you would like to write to us to request that we remove you from our mailing list, or you would like to complain about the way that your data has been handled, you can write or email us via:
FAO: Alex Gray
7 Kingscroft Court
Unit 7 Kingscroft Court
Charity No: 1097440
Company No: 04622100
023 9247 9762
© Releasing Potential 2017