Term-Time Programmes for Schools
We deliver Forest School for schools and nurseries across West Sussex and Hampshire during term time.
Our term-time Forest School can offer programmes from 6 weeks to year-long, that enable children and young people to experience the forest and learn about it as the seasons unfold.
- We are happy to focus provision around any particular themes, needs, skills or ideas the school wants the children to work on.
- We can deliver as part of the school day, or in after school sessions.
- We have two Forest School sites available, however we are happy to provide on-site Forest School provision to schools and nurseries.
- We are able to tailor provision to the age of the groups, and have worked successfully with young people of all backgrounds and abilities, from nursery to Year 11.
- Transport can be arranged to and from the Forest School site depending on the size of the group.
- Hot chocolate is made over an open fire and provided at breaks as part of the Forest School experience.
We have had some excellent feedback from schools about the outcomes they have noticed in children who attend our term-time Forest School. As one head teacher has noted, ‘It provides a fantastic opportunity for the children to feel at home in an outdoor environment – and to be “free” without the constant caution which is built into our psyche.’
For further information on arranging Forest School for your school or nursery, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
It’s incredible! Alexander is taking part through his nursery doing amazing things! They gather wood and (independently) light a fire using spark keys, make paint from clay, chalk, acorns and mud. They use saws and hand drills to make necklaces from wood, climb trees and do all sorts of things we wouldn’t think possible of 3/4 year olds! They work together and communicate with each other with respect – amazing!Forest School Programme Parent