National Water Safety Management Programme
We deliver the Royal Life Saving Society’s National Water Safety Management Programme (NWSMP) several times each year. The NWSMP is designed to respond to the water safety needs of anyone working near, in, or on water and especially those with supervisory responsibility.
Upcoming course dates:
Tues 19th & Weds 20th April 2021
Weds 27th & Thurs 28th July 2021
- Participants must be able to swim 100 metres in open water.
- No formal qualifications or experience is necessary.
- Participants will need to have a good basic level of literacy.
- Participants will be required to complete a mandatory test on reading materials.
- Reading material will be sent out prior to day one of the course.
- Equip anyone working on, in or near water with essential knowledge and skills to make informed decisions about managing safety.
- Enable group leaders to deliver safer activity at open water sites.
- Develop personal safety skills for lone workers operating around water.
- Develop effective emergency response skills.
- Facilitate compliance with statutory and civil obligations.
- Level 1 Water Safety Awareness module
- Level 2 Environmental-Specific module (River, Beach, Still Water)
- Level 2 Life Support
- Level 3 In-Water Rescue
What to bring
- A wetsuit or drysuit as required *
- Wetsuit boots *
- A hearty lunch on both days (we have microwave facilities
* We can loan wetsuit/drysuit and boots but please book these well in advance as sizes are limited.
The National Water Safety Management Programme course costs £250 per candidate and includes both days of training as well as the full NWSMP qualification Levels 1-3 and hire of wetsuit and wetsuit boots where needed.
Thanks Wayne – I feel much more confident about taking groups near or on the water. The course was really helpful and I would recommend it to others hoping to get a good understanding of how to operate safely within a work context.
Overall, the instructors covered every area of safety in the course. Thank you to both instructors. I felt very comfortable, engaged and I have learned a lot. Thanks you for your understanding and patience and for letting me back!
What a great course and well-delivered!
The tutors have a very effective teaching style, and they were really approachable and friendly but with lots of experience in the water.