Linkenholt Terms and Conditions of Campsite Hire
General Rules for Campsite Hire
1. Confirmation of your booking is subject to receipt of a £25 non-refundable deposit. The deposit secures your booking and will be deducted from your final invoice. The deposit will not be refunded in the event that you cancel your booking or do not use the site for any reason.
2. If a group or organisation has not met the minimum booking cost, or has not checked the box to indicate that they have secured sole occupancy of the campsite, they agree to share with another group.
3. On arrival, the hirer must conduct an inspection of the site with Linkenholt Adventure Centre staff so that equipment can be checked and the hirer can assume responsibility for the site.
4. Direct supervision of young people and the activities organised for them is the responsibility of the hirer(s).
5. The site is not registered with Hampshire County Council for hazardous pursuits and no activities of a hazardous nature are to be undertaken at any time.
6. Consumption of alcohol must be under the supervision of the hirer and in accordance with UK law.
7. Smoking is prohibited in any of the buildings or showers and toilets.
8. On check out, hirers must complete a check-out form detailing any loss or damage caused by their group.
9. On check out, the site manager will check Linkenholt Adventure Centre’s buildings and equipment and re-assume responsibility for the site.
Responsibilities of the Hirer
10. The hirer (identified by the signature on this document) is responsible for all individuals and groups that visit the site under their supervision and as part of their booking/ campsite hire.
11. It is the responsibility of the hiring group or organisation to have in place the appropriate insurance for the activities they organise as part of their visit.
12. Hirers are liable for any loss or damage to their own equipment as well as loss or damage to Linkenholt Adventure Centre’s premises or equipment.
13. Hirers are responsible for insuring against any injury to members of their group or organisation.
14. Hirers are responsible for ensuring their own public liability insurance is in place.
15. Hirers are responsible for the safety of their groups and on arrival should satisfy themselves that they know how to operate the fire safety equipment at the base camp.
16. Hirers are responsible for ensuring that all groups have at least one mobile telephone for use in case of emergencies.
17. Hirers are responsible for ensuring they are in possession of an appropriate First Aid Kit.
18. Hirers are responsible for ensuring that their group has a sufficient number of members qualified in First Aid.
19. Hirers are responsible for ensuring that their group members are sufficiently trained in health and safety, particularly in respect of food handling and cooking.
20. Hirers must ensure that gas cylinders are kept outside of the building at all times.
21. Hirers are responsible for the security of equipment belonging to individuals and groups for whom they are responsible.
22. Hirers are responsible for ensuring that individuals and groups for whom they are responsible do not access unauthorised areas of the estate. These include farm buildings, private houses, and fields containing livestock or crops: a full list of these areas can be found in the attached information sheet.
23. Hirers are responsible for ensuring that the programme of activities for their group, including the areas to be used and approximate times of use, are agreed in advance with the site manager at least two weeks prior to booking.
24. Hirers are responsible for ensuring that additional parking (use of land other than that allocated for the car park) is agreed in advance with the site manager.
25. Hirers must ensure that firewood is not collected by individuals or groups for whom they are responsible.
26. Hirers must ensure that dogs and other pets are kept off the site. This includes dogs and pets in the main hall building as well as the grounds.
27. Hirers must ensure that fires are only lit in designated areas.
28. Hirers must ensure that individuals and groups for whom they are responsible understand that the use of drugs on site is strictly prohibited and that groups adhere to the site policy on consumption of alcohol and smoking.
29. Hirers are responsible for ensuring that individuals and groups for whom they are responsible comply with the Countryside Code.
30. Hirers are responsible for ensuring that all rubbish is removed from base camp once their group has concluded its visit to the site.
31. Hirers are responsible for ensuring that toilets and showers are cleaned once their group has concluded its visit to the site.
These terms and conditions must be read in conjunction with the Information for Hirers sheet, and signed by the group leader or person responsible for hire. Terms and Conditions of Hire must be signed by the hirer to secure the booking. A downloadable PDF of the terms and conditions can be found here.
Releasing Potential Outdoor Education
Unit 7 Kingscroft Court
Charity No: 1097440
Company No: 4622100
Linkenholt Company No: 9984771
023 9247 9762